Saturday, April 30, 2011

kimchi pizza

The first time I made this pizza, everyone went crazy for it. The other kind I prepared for that day was simple marinara sauce with mushroom and veggie. In the end, no one actually touched the veggie pizza.

I learned my lesson. This time I only made one kind, kimchi pizza. It was so easy to make. How I came up with this dish? I like kimchi a lot. It's such a versatile pickle, or not. It can be stir-fried with meat and veggie, cooked in soup or stew with tofu and bean sprout, made into Korean pancake or just eaten alone as side dish. 

1/4 lb pork, sliced
1 tablespoon soy sauce, depends on the saltiness of the sauce or personal taste
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 slice of pineapple, chopped (or use 1 -2 tablespoons crushed pineapple)
1 tablespoon cooking wine
a dash of sugar (optional)

Marinade pork with all the seasonings few hours in advance, best for overnight. The pineapple will tenderize the meat. The meat portion can be made for 2 8-inch pizzas, at least for me. It depends how meaty you want your pizza to be.

Now, let the fun begin!

Spread the pork (together with the pineapple and garlic) on top of the pizza dough. I also sprinkle extra 1/4 cup pineapple. Then about 1/4 cup kimchi. Drip off the excess kimchi juice, but no need to squeeze dry. The kimchi juice kind served like tomato sauce in this case. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup of cheese on top. I use mozzarella and cheddar mix. Bake in 450F oven for 15 minutes. Voila. Very tasty and yummy.




There are people claiming that pizza is unhealthy food. In this case, I don't see the unhealthy part. I can see it's not Atkins approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment