Monday, May 30, 2011

weekend donut making

Last week my cute niece asked me if she and I can make donuts together over the weekend. We used Alex's recipe from foodtv after searching the internet. Despite the wacky appearance, the flavor was there. So we decided to make it again this weekend.

Left one is the failed churro. I spooned the dough into the hot oil. It's tasted like puff. The donut came out still good this time. I realized why it didn't work out well last time because we forgot to let the dough rise after cutting. The texture is denser than store bought airy donut, but less chewy than polish donut.

We also tried the oven method which I read from about. The donut with the hole in the middle came out better than the one without hole. The outside won't brown like deep-fried. It tasted in between bread and donut. Last week we add the cocoa powder, cinnamon powder and icing sugar topping. This week we just don't have enough leftovers for variations.


Someone just couldn't get her hand off the donuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment